Endocrinology diagnosis and treats the endocrine glands of the human organism (thyroid, pituitary, pancreas, adrenal glands, among others).
The endocrinologist will evaluate the entire endocrine system responsible for the production of hormones that are important for various body functions.
Endocrinology intervenes, amongst others diseases, on the following:
- Thyroid changes (hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, nodules, thyroid cancer);
- Changes in growth and pubertal development;
- Disturbances of the menstrual cycle related to hormonal cause;
- Infertility and decreased sexual desire related to hormonal cause;
- Changes in calcium metabolism;
An endocrinologist has to be consulted when one finds himself/herself in the presence of these or other signs and symptoms to assess the general health status and be prescribed tests to verify the levels of certain hormones in the blood.
At the DermAge Clinic, you can find solutions and answers for the treatment of thyroid gland imbalances, diabetes, obesity, hormonal and menstrual cycle changes, as well as other diseases related to lack or excess of hormones.
Make your endocrinology consultation from Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.